Whenever you are experiencing issues with a website or web application, sometimes you may be told that you need to clear your "Cache & Cookies". This will typically solve most problems, however if you follow the default instructions
from Google you will clear the cache and cookies for all websites stored on your browser, which is less than ideal because your frequently visited websites will load slower at first and you will have to login again everywhere. We will going over how to clear your cache for a single website using the developer console instead.
1. Visit the URL of the website or web application you are experiencing issues with.
2. Hit the F12 on your keyboard, the Chrome Developer Console should pop-up on the right-hand side or bottom side of your browser.
3. Inside the developer console at the top, click on the item named "Application". You may need to click the >> symbol and find it in the drop-down depending on the size of your developer console tab.
4. You should now be inside the Application area, please click on the "Clear Storage" item.
5. Click "Clear Site Data" within the Clear storage area.
6. Click the "Refresh" area in the main Chrome browser area.
7. You are done! The cache and cookies for that specific website have now been cleared. You can now try to utilize the website.
If you still experience any issues after clearing your cache and cookies, the issues may be related to the website or web application itself.